Exclusive to COVE, Compact Recovery Trailers (CRT).
Deployable Van Mounted Towing Solution
- We are the proud New Zealand supplier of a deployable Compact Recovery Trailer (CRT) system as supplied to AA New Zealand.
- These CRT trailers are used extensively across Europe by the major roadside services and we can order them to suit any brand of van.
- The system is comprised of a unique trailer which folds in half and sits securely in a compact cradle which can be installed in any brand of van. This system is able to be safely operated by a single roadside technician and can be quickly deployed from the rear of a van. The single vehicle ideology is both an efficient and environmentally friendly concept.
- A genuine advantage of having the tow unit housed in a van allows the vehicle to access spaces like inner city carparks where a traditional tow truck simply cannot reach.
- Once deployed, the system allows the broken down vehicle to be easily winched onto and secured to the trailer. The AA technicians estimate it only takes them around 15 minutes to complete this process. From there the vehicle can then be safely towed to a repairer, unloaded from the CRT upon arrival and then quickly stowed back in the van ready for the next tow without delay.
- To keep the operational van weight down, we partner with Sortimo as they offer light weight, robust and well organised storage solutions which perfectly complement the concept of the CRT. By having an organised operating space you limit the amount excess tooling (weight) and allow for the operator to work more efficiently.